This easy, delicious meal isn’t quite a buddha bowl. I mean…maybe it is but in my mind buddha bowls have a decent amount of greens like bok choy or kale. The definition is kind of vague but whatevs. This recipe has a sweet potatoes and goes in a bowl. I decided to try this new recipe because I found these little gems on sale at the grocery store:
Sweet Potato Bowl
- 76 grams of Sweet Potato Spirals
- 1/2 cup (86 grams) of cooked black beans
- 3/4 cup chopped broccoli (85 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg over medium
- Sprinkling of Tajin (optional)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- In a medium sized pan saute the sweet potato spirals on medium for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cumin, garlic, paprika and cinnamon the the cooked black beans. Add about two teaspoons of water to help mix in the seasonings.
- Steam the broccoli.
- Cook the egg over medium and season with Tajin (optional).
- Place the broccoli, sweet potato and black beans in a bowl.
- Top with the egg and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts: 284 calories, 44 carbs; 16 grams of protein